Help raise $150,000 by november
We are asking for your help because we need repairs and restoration on historic windows . . . and more. The funds raised may also be used towards 2020 matching grant applications. Please join our efforts today. Even small donations like $18.58 help!
Current: $63,000 Goal: $150,000
PHASE 1 PROJECT GOALS
2020 through December 2022
- Historic window repair, restoration and rehabilitation (1st floor)
- Install low-profile storm windows (entire building)
- Install restored and reproduction window shutters (1st floor)
- Install insulation (crawl space and 1st floor ceiling)
- Install high efficiency heating and air conditioning system (1st floor)
- Install moisture control system (crawl space)
- Upgrade and renovate electric wiring & install LED library lighting (1st floor)
- Exterior building scrape & paint, lead paint remediation - includes 6-story bell tower
- Architectural and engineering plans, includes ADA and Life Safety (1st floor)
and ongoing . . .
- Continue to accept Cash and other monetary donations!
- Continue to accept volunteer help in writing grant applications
- Continue to apply for government and private foundation grants
- Continue to coordinate with Effingham Public Library, Effingham Preservation Society and other organizations
- And most important, continue to listen to constructive ideas and feedback from Effingham citizens along with our many project supporters living locally and nationwide.
This project was funded in part by a grant from the NH Preservation Alliance, which received support for its grants program from the New Hampshire Land and Community Heritage Investment Program (LCHIP).
Effingham Preservation Society is a 501(c)3 organization established in 1999 to preserve historic buildings and landmarks in Effingham, New Hampshire. The Preservation Society has agreed to be the Fiscal Agent of the Historic Town Hall Project.
Site Design by Harbour Light