- Architect plan & engineering for building renovation/construction plans for new parking lot entrance
- Hire construction project manager to oversee building restoration and construction work
- Restoration of the rear exterior double door entry includes new entry landing with handicap assessable walkways and covered entrance portico
- Add new stairs 1st up to 2nd floor community meeting room (fire code 2nd egress)
- Implement landscaping and drainage according to the plan
- Add LU/LA elevator 1st up to 2nd floor community meeting room ( ADA access)
- Parking lot & landscaping – final pave top coat, curbing, lot striping, electrical wiring, lighting, directional signs; ADA hardscape ramps to new entry door landing
- Remove/demo two current exterior covered entry ramps and exterior doors off parking lot side
- Restore by reproducing and installing 2 large 6 over 6 pane double hung windows off parking lot side to match other windows; remove 1 window not historic and restore wall area
- Exterior building paint & lead paint remediation – half of building side wall off parking lot around new entry
- Replace current building roof shingles (nearing end of life expectancy)
- Reinstall 1863 Henry N. Hooper & Company, Boston, cast bell in the bell tower cupola. Ring the bell!
- Up to 10% contingency for unanticipated items
and ongoing . . .
- Continue to accept Cash and other monetary donations!
- Continue to accept volunteer help in writing grant applications
- Continue to apply for government and private foundation grants
- Continue to coordinate with Effingham Public Library, Effingham Preservation Society and other organizations
- And most important, continue to listen to constructive ideas and feedback from Effingham citizens along with our many project supporters living locally and nationwide.
Christopher P Williams Architects, PLLC, Historic Building Assessment with Preservation Guidelines Report