- Architect plan & engineering for building renovation/construction plans; hire architect/consultant to oversee building construction work
- Add new stairs 1st up to 2nd floor (fire code 2nd egress)
- Add LU/LA elevator 1st up to 2nd floor ( ADA access)
- Restoration of the rear double door entry including new entry landing and covered portico
- Parking lot & landscaping – top coat pave, curb, lot striping, directional signs; ADA hardscape ramps to entry door landing
- Remove two current exterior covered entry ramps and exterior doors
- Reproduce 2 large 6 over 6 pane double hung windows off parking lot to match other windows; remove 1 window not historic and restore wall area
- Exterior building paint & lead paint remediation – half of building side wall off parking lot
- Reinstall 1863 Henry N. Hooper & Company Boston bell in the bell tower cupola so it rings
- Up to 10% contingency for unanticipated items
and ongoing . . .
- Continue to accept Cash and other monetary donations!
- Continue to accept volunteer help in writing grant applications
- Continue to apply for government and private foundation grants
- Continue to coordinate with Effingham Public Library, Effingham Preservation Society and other organizations
- And most important, continue to listen to constructive ideas and feedback from Effingham citizens along with our many project supporters living locally and nationwide.
Christopher P Williams Architects, PLLC, Historic Building Assessment with Preservation Guidelines Report