- Architect plan & engineering for building renovation/construction plans; hire architect to oversee building construction work
- Add new stairs 1st up to 2nd floor; Add LU/LA elevator 1st up to 2nd floor
- Restoration of the double door entry including new entry landing and covered portico
- Parking lot – pave, curb, lot striping; ADA hardscape ramps to entry door
- Repoint building brick foundation facing
- Renovate two bathrooms, one ADA compliant & plumbing upgrades
- Remove two current covered entry ramps and exterior doors – will be removed with Gift-In-Kind labor
- Rehabilitate 2 large 6 over 6 pane windows off parking lot; remove 1 window not historic and restore wall
- Exterior building paint & lead paint remediation – half of building side wall off parking lot
- 10% contingency for unanticipated items
and ongoing . . .
- Continue to accept Cash and other monetary donations!
- Continue to accept volunteer help in writing grant applications
- Continue to apply for government and private foundation grants
- Continue to coordinate with Effingham Public Library, Effingham Preservation Society and other organizations
- And most important, continue to listen to constructive ideas and feedback from Effingham citizens along with our many project supporters living locally and nationwide.
Christopher P Williams Architects, PLLC, Historic Building Assessment with Preservation Guidelines Report